A dark, delicious, dense, and almost brownie-like quick loaf, studded with the goodness of blueberries.
Whole Wheat Chocolate Blueberry Loaf
Published on August 25, 2020 | In Cakes, Cupcakes | By Home Baking Association |
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries divided (if substituting frozen, do not thaw)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup quick oats
- Preheat oven to 350*, line loaf pan with parchment, spray lightly with baking spray, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Either using a blender or food processor combine water, 1/2 cup blueberries and egg, blend until smooth.
- Add blueberry liquid to flour mixture, stir until combined. Fold in remaining 1/4 cup of blueberries.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan, sprinkle quick oats on top.
- Bake 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven, cool 10 minutes, remove from pan to cooling rack, then allow to cool completely before serving.
- Course : Dessert
- Recipe Type : Quick Breads
Home Baking Association
The Home Baking Association (HBA) web site is a valuable resource for educators, parents, community service volunteers, scratch-bakers and anyone else interested in baking. Esteemed members of the baking community, ...Read more about this chef..
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
Comments are closed.