This easy dough makes enough for 2 12″ pizza’s, make now or freeze for later.
Pizza Dough (Bread Machine)
Published on May 12, 2020 | By Home Baking Association |
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 2 12" round pizza dough
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil (or olive oil)
- 3 3/4 cups bread flour
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Add ingredients to your bread machine, starting with liquids unless recommended by the manufacturer.
- Choose the dough cycle.
- Remove the dough and roll it out to fit into pizza pans or 12" circles to fit pizza stone (roll out on parchment for easy transfer).
- Brush with a little olive oil or vegetable oil, then allow the crust rise for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven 450* If using a stone, place in oven.
- Spread with pizza sauce and assorted topping.
- Bake pizza in the pre-heated oven for about 20 to 25 minutes, or until crust is browned and cheese is melted.
- Serve hot.
- *Freezing tips:
- To freeze pizza dough, prepare and let it rise in the bread machine on the dough cycle. Divide it into pizza-sized portions.
- Rub some olive oil over the dough ball, wrap with plastic wrap and store in airtight freezer bag.
- Thawing Instructions:
- Remove from freezer, allow to defrost in the refrigerator for about 12 hours or overnight. Remove plastic wrap and allow to rise in warm place 30 minutes.
- Recipe Type : Bread machine, Pizza
Home Baking Association
The Home Baking Association (HBA) web site is a valuable resource for educators, parents, community service volunteers, scratch-bakers and anyone else interested in baking. Esteemed members of the baking community, ...Read more about this chef..
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
Comments are closed.