These tasty scones are an excellent way to use up leftover ham. Their cheesy, savory goodness is perfect as an appetizer or an afternoon snack!
Ham and Cheese Scones
Published on September 11, 2021 | In Breakfast | By Home Baking Association |
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 2 cups All-Purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cut into small pea size cubes
- 1 cup small dice cooked Ham
- 1 cup shredded gouda or sharp cheddar cheese divided
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- Pre-heat oven 400*, line baking sheet with parchment, set aside.
- In a large bowl sift the flour into a medium bowl, then whisk in baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- Cut in butter, using your fingers crumble the butter into flour mixture rubbing until butter disappears into a coarse meal.
- Fold in 3/4 cup of cheese, diced Ham, toss until well combined.
- Stir in milk and cream to form a stiff dough. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and pat into a 7" round, no less than 1 inch thick.
- Using floured biscuit cutters, cut out rounds, arrange on prepared lined baking sheet pan. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake until puffed and lightly golden, about 25 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before serving.
- Course : Snack
- Recipe Type : Biscuits and Muffins, Lunch, Mother's Day, Quick
Home Baking Association
The Home Baking Association (HBA) web site is a valuable resource for educators, parents, community service volunteers, scratch-bakers and anyone else interested in baking. Esteemed members of the baking community, ...Read more about this chef..
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
Comments are closed.