Here’s a delicious muffin that has all the flavors of the holidays!
Cranberry and Pecan Muffins
Published on October 27, 2020 | In Breakfast | By Home Baking Association |
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1-1/4 cup sugar, divided
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, cold and cut int small pieces
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- Pre-heat oven 400*, line or grease muffin tins, set aside.
- In a bowl, toss cranberries with 1/4 cup sugar; set aside.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and remaining sugar.
- Using a pastry cutter or two knives cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- In a small separate bowl combine eggs and milk; stir into flour mixture just until moistened.
- Gently fold in pecans, lemon zest and cranberries until incorporated.
- Fill prepared muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until inserting toothpick and it comes clean. Remove from oven, allow to cool for 5 minutes then remove muffins from tin and allow to cool on cooling racks.
- Course : Snack
- Recipe Type : Biscuits and Muffins
Home Baking Association
The Home Baking Association (HBA) web site is a valuable resource for educators, parents, community service volunteers, scratch-bakers and anyone else interested in baking. Esteemed members of the baking community, ...Read more about this chef..
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
Comments are closed.