A cookie classic, Coconut macaroons are a bite-sized treat with a crispy coating and chewy interior.
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 15 or 16 cookies
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1-1/3 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 large egg whites, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pre-heat oven 325*, grease baking sheet pan, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, using a hand mixer whip egg whites until medium peaks form, set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the coconut, sugar, flour and salt.
- Fold egg whites, vanilla into the coconut mixture, mix until well combined.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto prepared greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 325° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
Home Baking Association
The Home Baking Association (HBA) web site is a valuable resource for educators, parents, community service volunteers, scratch-bakers and anyone else interested in baking. Esteemed members of the baking community, ...Read more about this chef..