Recipe courtesy of Pastry Pizazz by Marla Prusa, winner of Home Baking Association 2020 Educator Award.
Cherry Pie II (Makes one, 9″ double crust pie)
Published on October 18, 2021 | In Desserts, Pastries and Tarts | By Home Baking Association |
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 1 pie
- Difficulty Level Intermediate
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- Prepare pastry for a 9-inch double-crust pie
- 1 1/3 cups (9.3 oz/266g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (2 oz/57g) all-purpose flour
- 6 cups (1 lb. 14 oz/840g) pitted sour cherries
- 2 Tablespoons (1 oz/28g) butter or margarine, if desired
- Divide the pastry in half, form in discs about 1-inch thick, wrap and chill. Heat oven to 425˚ F
- Prepare cherries. In a large bowl, mix sugar and flour, stir in cherries.
- s. Roll out the bottom crust and transfer into the pie plate. Roll out the top crust and make about 8 slits in the center for vents. Spoon filling into the pastry-lined pie plate. Cut butter into small pieces and sprinkle over cherries. Cover with the top crust, seal, and flute. Cover edge of pie with a 2-inch strip of foil to prevent excessive browning
- Bake 35-45 minutes; remove foil during the last 15 minutes of baking. Bake until the crust is golden brown and juice begins to bubble through slits in the crust. Cool on a wire rack for at least 2 hours.
- Servings : 8-10
- Course : Dessert
- Recipe Type : Holiday, Pastries & Tarts, Valentines
Home Baking Association
The Home Baking Association (HBA) web site is a valuable resource for educators, parents, community service volunteers, scratch-bakers and anyone else interested in baking. Esteemed members of the baking community, ...Read more about this chef..
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
Comments are closed.