Bread pudding may seem like an old-fashioned dessert, but bursting with blueberries and smothered in golden sauce, it’s hard to resist!
Blueberry Bread Pudding with Golden Sauce
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 9"x13" baking pan
- Difficulty Level Intermediate
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- Golden Sauce:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoon butter
- Bread Pudding:
- 8 cups day old french bread, cubed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened to room temperature
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 2 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 3 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups blueberries*
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- *If using frozen blueberries, do not that, use as you would fresh.
- Golden Sauce:
- Combine 1/2 cup sugar and 3 tablespoons butter in a saucepan over low heat; cook and stir until butter is melted, 3 to 4 minutes
- Stir cream into butter mixture; bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until golden sauce is slightly thickened, 5 to 10 minutes. Pour sauce into a bowl and cover with plastic wrap and allow to cool.
- Preheat oven 350*
- Using a stand-up mixer or hand mixer. Beat 3/4 cup sugar and 3 tablespoons softened butter together in a bowl using an electric mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract; beat until fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Slowly pour milk into butter-egg mixture while continuing to stir until evenly combined.
- In a large mixing bowl place bread cubes, pour milk mixture over bread; let stand until bread is moistened, about 5 minutes. Fold blueberries into bread mixture; transfer to a 9"x13" baking dish.
- Combine 2 tablespoons of sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl; sprinkle over the bread mixture.
- Drizzle 1/3 cup golden sauce over bread mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a knife inserted in the center of the bread pudding comes out clean, about 35 minutes.
- Serve bread pudding with the remaining golden sauce.
Home Baking Association
The Home Baking Association (HBA) web site is a valuable resource for educators, parents, community service volunteers, scratch-bakers and anyone else interested in baking. Esteemed members of the baking community, ...Read more about this chef..