This autumn-flavored apple bread is the perfect fall breakfast to wake up to.
- 1 Loaf
- Difficulty Level Beginner
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, grated
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 1/4 cups Granulated Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 Granny Smith Apples, peeled, cored and coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan; set aside.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg; set aside.
- Cream the butter with the sugar. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Alternately add the flour mixture and the apples to the creamed mixture; stir in nuts. Pour into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until bread is nicely browned and springs back when lightly pressed in center. Cool completely before slicing.
Home Baking Association
The Home Baking Association (HBA) web site is a valuable resource for educators, parents, community service volunteers, scratch-bakers and anyone else interested in baking. Esteemed members of the baking community, ...Read more about this chef..