Share baking with others!
Makes 12 muffins
½ cup margarine or butter
½ cup granulated sugar
½ cup light brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 beaten egg
¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup low-fat milk
2 cups whole wheat flour
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Have ingredients at room temperature.
- Line muffin pan with paper baking cups or coat muffin cup with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat margarine or butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 to 40 seconds. Add the granulated sugar, brown sugar and baking soda; beat mixture until combined.
- Add egg and vanilla; beat mixture until well combined. Stir in milk and gradually add the whole wheat flour. Mix the ingredients together so dry ingredients are barely moistened. Over mixing will make the muffins tough with tunnels.
- Fill muffin cups ? full and bake 15 to 17 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from pan and transfer muffins to a wire rack to cool.
Nutrition Information Per Serving (One Muffin): 203 cal, 8 g fat, 19 mg chol, 196 mg sodium, 31 g carbo, 3 g fiber, 4 g pro, 3 mcg folate.