Pumpkin Pie Muffins
Share baking with others!
Makes six, 2 ½ -inch muffins
½ cup sugar
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
6 tablespoons canned solid pack pumpkin
2 tablespoons water
¾ cup whole wheat flour
¾ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon cloves (a pinch)
¼ cup chopped nuts
¼ cup raisins or dried fruit bits
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In large bowl, mix together the sugar, oil, egg, pumpkin and water.
- In medium bowl, use a wire whisk to mix the flour, baking powder, soda, salt and spices.
- Add the dry mixture into the liquid ingredients in large bowl. Using spoon carefully mix ingredients
just until all are moistened.
- Stir in fruit and nuts.
- Fill each paper-lined muffin cup 2/3 full of muffin batter.
- Bake in preheated 400 degree F. oven for 15 minutes. Test for doneness with a toothpick. Cool pan on
wire rack for 5 minutes. Enjoy warm.
Source: Hodgson Mill