Directions: Preheat the oven 350 ° F.
1. Grease the bottom and lower sides of one, 8 ½ X 4 ½ -in loaf pan.
2. Cream the butter, flax meal and sugar together until smooth. Beating on medium high, drizzle in the oil and add the egg, tofu and orange peel. Continue beating on high until fluffy.
3. Add the mashed banana; blend on low.
4. Spoon in the dry mixture and mix on low
5. Bake in the center of the oven for 55 to 65 minutes at 350 ° F. Center tests done at (200 ° F). Cool loaf 5 minutes; remove from pan and cool on wire rack. Wrap and freeze or slice.
*NOTE: 2 large eggs may be used OR ½ cup silken tofu for 2 eggs
Recipe developed for 2008 Kansas Nutrition Conference—
Nutrition Break Wholegrain Breads
Recipe by Sharon Davis, Family & Consumer Sciences Education
Browse our selection of online recipes!