Vanilla Bundt Cake is a beautiful and elegant dessert, with a rich and buttery crumb and subtle vanilla flavor, this cake is perfect plain or garnished with berries!
Vanilla Bundt Cake
Published on April 27, 2020 | By Home Baking Association |
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 1 Bundt cake
- Difficulty Level Intermediate
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 3 sticks unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 6 large eggs at room temperature
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- Preheat oven to 350* Place oven rack in the middle of the oven.
- Prep a 10 - 12 cup Bundt cake pan, grease pan with butter, non-stick spray or shortening. Lightly dust pan with flour and tap out any excess flour. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar at medium speed until light and fluffy. Scrape sides and continue beating.
- Add the baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add vanilla extract and sour cream, mixing just until combined.
- With the mixer running on medium speed, add 2 eggs and beat just until combined.
- Add 1/3 cup of flour and beat just until combined.
- Repeat again: 2 more eggs, followed by 1/3 cup of flour and the remaining 2 more eggs, followed by 1/3 cup of flour.
- Gently beat in half of the milk. Followed by half of the remaining flour, then the remaining milk. Turn off the mixer and and stir in the remaining flour.
- Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl with a spatula. Beat batter on medium-high speed for 20 to 30 seconds, until smooth.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared pan, smoothing the top with a spatula.
- Bake the cake for 50 to 60 minutes, until it's starting to brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven, and place it onto a cooling rack. After 10-20 minutes, invert the cake onto a plate, and allow it to cool completely.
Home Baking Association
The Home Baking Association (HBA) web site is a valuable resource for educators, parents, community service volunteers, scratch-bakers and anyone else interested in baking. Esteemed members of the baking community, ...Read more about this chef..