You don’t have to travel to the Florida Keys to enjoy this delicious cupcake! Lime juice and zest are what make this cupcake flavor stand out!
Tropical Key Lime Cupcakes
Published on July 17, 2020 | In Cakes, Cupcakes | By Home Baking Association |
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 12 cupcakes
- Difficulty Level Easy, Intermediate
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup self-rising flour*
- 1/2 cup butter room temperature
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 3 teaspoons fresh lime juice or bottled Key Lime juice
- 1 tablespoon of lime zest
- 3/4 cup Buttermilk
- *Optional, green food coloring
- 8 ounces of Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- *Optional: Garnish with lime slices or green decorating sugar
- Pre-heat oven 350* line 12 muffin tins with paper liners, set aside.
- Whisk both flours in a medium bowl, set aside.
- In stand-up mixer or a large mixing bowl, on low speed mix butter until a smooth consistency.
- Add sugar, beat to blend,
- Slowly while mixer is on , add eggs 1 at a time, blending until incorporated.
- Add lime juice and lime zest, mix until just blended, add 2 or 3 drops food coloring to achieve desired green.
- Beat in flour in 3 additions, alternately with buttermilk in 2 additions.
- Spoon 1/3 cup batter into prepared cupcake liner.
- Bake cupcakes until tester inserted in center comes out clean, 20-25 minutes. Cool 10 minutes. Remove from pan; cool.
- Frosting: Beat all ingredients together in a medium bowl until smooth.
- When cupcakes are completely cooled, either fill pastry bag and pipe onto cupcakes or use a knife/offset spatula to evenly spread over tops of cupcakes.
- Garnish ideas: Lime wedge, green decorating sugar or toasted coconut
- Course : Dessert
- Recipe Type : Cakes & Cupcakes
Home Baking Association
The Home Baking Association (HBA) web site is a valuable resource for educators, parents, community service volunteers, scratch-bakers and anyone else interested in baking. Esteemed members of the baking community, ...Read more about this chef..
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
Comments are closed.