Recipe courtesy of Pastry Pizazz by Marla Prusa, Home Baking Association 2020 Educator Award Winner.
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- One savory pie
- Difficulty Level Intermediate
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- Prepare one 9-inch single-crust pie pastry
- 1 lb. (16 oz) hamburger
- 1/2 cup onion (2.5 oz/70g) finely chopped
- 1 pkg. (1 oz/28g/4 Tablespoons) taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup (6.9/195g) refried beans
- 1/2 can (2 oz/56g/1/4 cup) diced green chilies
- 1 cup (4 oz/113g) grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup (2 oz/56g) grated cheddar cheese
- 1 Tablespoon chopped olives
- 4 (7 oz/200g) beaten eggs
- OPTIONAL TOPPINGS: Sour cream and salsa
- Prepare pastry. Preheat the oven to 425˚ F. Roll out, transfer to 9-inch pie plate and prick bottom and sides with a fork and bake 10-12 minutes until golden brown. Lower the oven temperature to 350˚ F.
- Brown and drain the hamburger. Add onion and cook until onion is soft. Add the taco seasoning mix and stir.
- Layer in order in the baked pie crust: refried beans, diced green chilies, meat mixture, cheese, and chopped olives.
- Beat eggs; pour over top. Bake 30 minutes at 350˚ F.
- **Garnish if desired. Sour cream, chopped lettuce, olives, and salsa.
Home Baking Association
The Home Baking Association (HBA) web site is a valuable resource for educators, parents, community service volunteers, scratch-bakers and anyone else interested in baking. Esteemed members of the baking community, ...Read more about this chef..