Strawberry Cream Roll Cake
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 1 cake roll
- Difficulty Level Intermediate
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk or milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cup thawed whipped topping
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup Strawberry jam
- 1/4" Sliced Strawberries for inside cake and garnish
- Preheat oven to 350*
- Prep pan, grease a 15x10x1 inch pan with cooking spray and then cover with parchment paper and then grease the parchment payer.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, and salt together. Set aside.
- In a stand up mixer or large bowl if using hand mixer, beat eggs on high for 3 minutes until light yellow.
- With mixer on medium, slowly add sugar until combined, next add the oil, buttermilk, vinegar, and vanilla. Beat for 1 more minute.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients and mix until combined, do not over mix. Pour batter into prepared pan and tilt to evenly distribute the batter.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until it springs back when touched.
- While cake is baking, lay a tea towel on a flat work surface and sprinkle generously with powdered sugar.
- Remove cake from oven and immediately invert the cake onto prepped tea towel. Remove parchment paper. Working from one of the short ends, roll cake into a jelly roll. Set on wire rack to cool completely.
- Using paddle attachment beat cream cheese with powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth. Mix in cool whip until creamy. Refrigerate until cake has cooled and ready to fill.
- Carefully unroll the cake and spread the jam evenly over the cake leaving 1/2" from the edges. Apply the prepared cream cheese filling evenly over the jam, leaving 1/2" from edges.
- Next spread the prepared cream cheese filling evenly over the jam, leaving 1/2" from edges.
- Randomly place thinly sliced strawberries over filling.
- Slowly evenly roll the cake back up and place seam side down on a platter, wiping away any excess that comes out edges. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for at least an hour before serving.
- Garnish: Dust with powdered sugar and sliced strawberries.
Home Baking Association
The Home Baking Association (HBA) web site is a valuable resource for educators, parents, community service volunteers, scratch-bakers and anyone else interested in baking. Esteemed members of the baking community, ...Read more about this chef..