Soft Ginger Molasses Cookies
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 2 doz. cookies.
- Difficulty Level Beginner
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup blackstrap molasses
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 ½ cups Panhandle Milling All-purpose Flour
- 2 tsp. fresh grated ginger root (or 1 tsp dry ground)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. ground Saigon cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ground cloves
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup Raw Demerara Sugar for Garnish
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg, molasses and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Roll into 1-1/2-in. balls, then roll in Raw sugar. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° until puffy and lightly browned, 10-12 minutes.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Recipe courtesy of: Panhandle Milling
Home Baking Association
The Home Baking Association (HBA) web site is a valuable resource for educators, parents, community service volunteers, scratch-bakers and anyone else interested in baking. Esteemed members of the baking community, ...Read more about this chef..