Deliciously sweet and chewy, these cinnamon-sugar cookies make a tasty addition to any dessert table.
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 2 doz. cookies
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- ½ cup Granulated Sugar
- ½ cup (1 stick) Unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 ½ cups All-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Cream of tartar
- ½ teaspoon Baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl of an electric mixer beat sugar and butter at medium speed for 2 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla and eggs and blend well.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt.
- Add this mixture to the butter mixture. Mix until combined.
- In a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons of sugar and cinnamon.
- Shape dough into 1 ½ inch balls; roll balls of dough in sugar mixture.
- Place 2 inches apart on lined cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until set. Immediately remove from cookie sheets. Cool completely.
- Recipe Type : Cookies & Bars
Home Baking Association
The Home Baking Association (HBA) web site is a valuable resource for educators, parents, community service volunteers, scratch-bakers and anyone else interested in baking. Esteemed members of the baking community, ...Read more about this chef..