Recipe courtesy of Pastry Pizazz, Marla Prusa. Home Baking Association 2020 Educator Award Winner,
Rich Tart Pastry Tart
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1 1/4 cups (5.25 oz/150g) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (1.75 oz/50g) sugar
- 1/2 cup (4 oz/115g) cold unsalted butter
- 2 beaten egg yolks (1 oz/28g)
- 1 Tablespoon ice water
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut butter* into 8 pieces and cut the pieces into the flour until pieces are the size of small peas.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and water. Gradually stir egg yolk mixture into the flour mixture and mix together just until ball forms. Cover the dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30-60 minutes or until dough relaxes and is easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface or between two pieces of parchment or waxed paper, slightly flatten the dough. Roll dough from the center into a 12-inch circle. Transfer pastry to a 10-inch tart pan; avoid stretching the dough. Press pastry up sides of tart pan and flute or trim edges. Bake as directed in the tart’s recipe.
Home Baking Association
The Home Baking Association (HBA) web site is a valuable resource for educators, parents, community service volunteers, scratch-bakers and anyone else interested in baking. Esteemed members of the baking community, ...Read more about this chef..