Recipe courtesy of SunFlour / Hopkinsville Milling
Red Velvet Brownies
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 8"x 11" pan
- Difficulty Level Intermediate
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 6 oz. butter / 12 tablespoons
- 3 ½ oz. baking chocolate
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour sifted before measuring
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 2 oz. of red food coloring
- Pre-heat oven 325*, lightly grease 8-x-11-inch pan, set aside.
- Combine chocolate and butter in top of a double boiler, slowly melt until incorporated, remove from stove and allow the mixture to cool.
- In a medium bowl beat eggs lightly. Add sugar to eggs, mix together. Add salt and vanilla.
- Stir in chocolate and butter mixture.
- Combine chopped pecans (optional) with sifted flour.
- Add flour mixture to the liquid mixture. Fold together only enough to mix well.
- Add the red food coloring to the mixture. Lightly stir until combined.
- Spoon batter into prepared greased pan, bake at 325° for 50 minutes.
- Remove from oven, allow yo cool for ten minutes. Cut in squares while warm.
Home Baking Association
The Home Baking Association (HBA) web site is a valuable resource for educators, parents, community service volunteers, scratch-bakers and anyone else interested in baking. Esteemed members of the baking community, ...Read more about this chef..