This easy dough makes enough for 2 12″ pizza’s, make now or freeze for later.
Pizza Dough (Bread Machine)
Published on May 12, 2020 | By Home Baking Association |
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 2 12" round pizza dough
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil (or olive oil)
- 3 3/4 cups bread flour
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Add ingredients to your bread machine, starting with liquids unless recommended by the manufacturer.
- Choose the dough cycle.
- Remove the dough and roll it out to fit into pizza pans or 12" circles to fit pizza stone (roll out on parchment for easy transfer).
- Brush with a little olive oil or vegetable oil, then allow the crust rise for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven 450* If using a stone, place in oven.
- Spread with pizza sauce and assorted topping.
- Bake pizza in the pre-heated oven for about 20 to 25 minutes, or until crust is browned and cheese is melted.
- Serve hot.
- *Freezing tips:
- To freeze pizza dough, prepare and let it rise in the bread machine on the dough cycle. Divide it into pizza-sized portions.
- Rub some olive oil over the dough ball, wrap with plastic wrap and store in airtight freezer bag.
- Thawing Instructions:
- Remove from freezer, allow to defrost in the refrigerator for about 12 hours or overnight. Remove plastic wrap and allow to rise in warm place 30 minutes.
Home Baking Association
The Home Baking Association (HBA) web site is a valuable resource for educators, parents, community service volunteers, scratch-bakers and anyone else interested in baking. Esteemed members of the baking community, ...Read more about this chef..