Nut Tart Pastry
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 1 9- or 10-inch Tart Shell
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 1/3 cup Domino Sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans, walnuts or almonds
- In medium mixing bowl, combine flour, butter, sugar and egg. Beat at medium speed until mixture is crumbly.
- Stir in nuts.
- Press firmly on bottom and up sides of 9- or 10-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Chill 1 hour. Fill and bake as directed in individual recipes.
- Baked Tart Shell: Bake in 400°F oven for 15-18 minutes or until the tart shell is golden brown. Cool completely on wire rack.
Home Baking Association
The Home Baking Association (HBA) web site is a valuable resource for educators, parents, community service volunteers, scratch-bakers and anyone else interested in baking. Esteemed members of the baking community, ...Read more about this chef..