Winner Corla Enslow, of the 2019 Hudson Cream Flour Easter Recipe. A luscious lemon cake with a delicious cream cheese frosting!
Lemon Cream Layered Cake
Published on March 29, 2021 | In Cakes, Cupcakes, Holidays | By Home Baking Association |
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 1 3 layer cake
- Difficulty Level Intermediate
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 2 Sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- Lemon zest from 2 large lemons
- 3 cups Unbleached Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup + 1 Tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice, divided
- 3/4 cup buttermilk, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Raspberries for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease, flour and line three 9-inch round baking/cake pans.
- Beat together the butter and sugar. Mix in the eggs, one at a time. Add lemon zest.
- Mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add dry ingredients, 1/4 cup lemon juice, buttermilk, vanilla and mix well.
- Divide the batter evenly between the three cake pans, and bake for about 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Test at 25 minutes.
- Beat together the cream cheese and the butter. Add powdered sugar one cup at a time, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Mix in the vanilla and the 1 Tablespoon lemon juice, set aside.
- Assemble cake:
- Once the cakes have cooled COMPLETELY layer them with the cream cheese frosting. Place raspberries around bottom and sprinkle on top. Keep cake refrigerated until 1 hour before serving.
- Servings : 12 slices
- Course : Dessert
- Recipe Type : Cakes & Cupcakes, Easter, Mother's Day
Home Baking Association
The Home Baking Association (HBA) web site is a valuable resource for educators, parents, community service volunteers, scratch-bakers and anyone else interested in baking. Esteemed members of the baking community, ...Read more about this chef..
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
Comments are closed.