The holidays wouldn’t be complete without enjoying the buttery, rich goodness of delicious shortbread cookies.
Christmas Shortbread Cookie
Published on December 7, 2020 | In Cookies, Bars, Biscotti | By Home Baking Association |
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 20-24 depending on your cookie cutter
- Difficulty Level Moderate
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1 cup salted butter, cold and cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract
- 2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- Optional: Powdered sugar or colored sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350*F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside
- In the bowl of a stand mixer cream together butter, sugar and extract until well combined.
- Add flour and mix until combined.
- Turn dough onto lightly floured board, knead dough by hand for 5 minutes. Dough should be soft and pliable, not sticky.
- Form a ball, wrap tightly in plastic wrap, place in refrigerator and chill for about 30 minutes.
- On the lightly floured board, roll dough out to about ½ inch thickness.
- Using desired cookie cutters, cut shapes and place 2 inches apart on lined cookie sheets. Lightly pressed sprinkles onto top of shapes if using them.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until edges are lightly browned.
- Remove from oven, cool five minutes, remove from pan to cooling rack.
- Optional: Sprinkle powdered sugar on them while still warm.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Course : Dessert
- Recipe Type : Christmas, Cookies & Bars, Holiday
Home Baking Association
The Home Baking Association (HBA) web site is a valuable resource for educators, parents, community service volunteers, scratch-bakers and anyone else interested in baking. Esteemed members of the baking community, ...Read more about this chef..
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
Comments are closed.