This recipe produces a rich fudgy brownie with the hidden surprise of mint candies melted into them!!
Chocolate Mint Brownie
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 8x8 pan
- Difficulty Level Intermediate
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1 cup All-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup of baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cup of sugar
- 3 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 Box (28 pieces, 4.67 oz) Andes Mints
- Preheat oven 350*
- Unwrap Andes and melt in a microwavable bowl in 30 second increments until melted, stirring in-between to distribute heat, evenly melting the candy. Set aside to cool while preparing batter
- Grease and flour an 8"x8" baking pan. If using parchment grease paper after placing in greased pan.
- In medium bowl, whisk the dry ingredients until blended, put aside.
- In a stand mixer, using the paddle attachment (or hand held mixer) cream softened butter, sugar until combined.
- Add slightly beaten eggs slowly, add vanilla, and melted Andes mix until thoroughly combined.
- Add dry ingredients to mixer at slow speed in add dry ingredients slowly, be sure not to overtax your batter.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake 35-40 minutes.
- Allow Brownies to cool slightly before cutting into squares to serve.
- *Do not overtake brownies. Insert a toothpick to make sure your brownies are done. If they still have crumbs on the toothpick, remove them from the oven. they will continue to cook after leaving oven.
Home Baking Association
The Home Baking Association (HBA) web site is a valuable resource for educators, parents, community service volunteers, scratch-bakers and anyone else interested in baking. Esteemed members of the baking community, ...Read more about this chef..