If you love chocolate and peanut butter then this brownie is for you, these are moist, rich and they bake up perfectly, eat them plain or topped with ice cream, you won’t be sorry!
Chocolate Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Brownies
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 24 brownies
- Difficulty Level Intermediate
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon All-Purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup (11⁄2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 3 ounces unsweetened or semi-sweet chocolate; finely chopped
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 11⁄3 cups packed dark brown sugar
- 11⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips, divided in half
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- Pre-heat oven 350* Grease 9x13x2” baking pan.
- In small bowl, whisk or sift 1 cup of flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In medium saucepan, melt butter and chocolate over very low heat, stirring until smooth. Set aside to cool.
- In large bowl, combine eggs, brown sugar and vanilla; blend. Stir in melted chocolate mixture.
- Gradually add flour mixture and stir until blended.
- Fold in 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips, pour batter into prepared pan.
- In medium bowl, combine peanut butter, sugar, cinnamon, cream and remaining tablespoon of flour. Mixture will be stiff.
- Drop mixture randomly by spoonfuls on top of brownie mixture. Drag knife through in zig zag pattern peanut butter mixture to create a marbleized pattern on top.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, remove and allow to cool completely.
Home Baking Association
The Home Baking Association (HBA) web site is a valuable resource for educators, parents, community service volunteers, scratch-bakers and anyone else interested in baking. Esteemed members of the baking community, ...Read more about this chef..