Chicken Flatbread Pizza
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Advanced
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt, table
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon, ground
- 10 1/2 ounces Chicken tenderloins, boneless, skinless, fresh or frozen, raw (about 2 1/4 oz per tenderloin)
- 3 tablespoons Greek yogurt, plain, non-fat
- 2 teaspoons Canola oil
- 2/3 cup Onion, fresh, peeled, 1/2" chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic, fresh, minced (1 clove is about 1/2 teaspoon minced)
- 4 ounces Spinach, fresh, roughly chopped (4 oz = about 4 cups packed)
- 2 Whole-wheat flatbreads (about 126 gm each whole flatbread)
- 1 cup Tomatoes, fresh, 1/4" diced
- 1 1/2 ounces Mozzarella, low-fat, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- In a small bowl combine turmeric, salt, cumin, and cinnamon. Divide seasoning mixture in half.
- Coat chicken tenderloins with 1/2 of the seasoning mixture from step 2.
- Place chicken tenderloins on a baking sheet lightly coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes. Heat to an internal temperature of 165 °F or higher for at least 15 seconds.
- Dice chicken into 1/2” pieces.
- While chicken is baking, combine the remaining seasoning mixture with the yogurt. Set aside.
- Heat oil on medium-high heat in a medium skillet.
- Sauté onions for about 3-5 minutes or until onions are tender.
- Add garlic and spinach and cook for 3 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Remove from the heat.
- Slice 2 flatbreads into 6 even pieces.
- Place flatbreads on a baking sheet coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spread 1/2 Tbsp of seasoned yogurt from step 7 on each piece of flatbread.
- Top each piece with:
- 1/4 cup cooked vegetables
- 1 1/4 oz chicken
- 2 2/3 Tbsp tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp cheese
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
Home Baking Association
The Home Baking Association (HBA) web site is a valuable resource for educators, parents, community service volunteers, scratch-bakers and anyone else interested in baking. Esteemed members of the baking community, ...Read more about this chef..