Recipe courtesy of Solo Foods
Published on May 22, 2021 | In Pastries and Tarts | By Home Baking Association |
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Intermediate
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 3 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 dash salt
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 can Solo Cherry Cake and Pastry Filling
- 1⁄3 cup almonds (chopped)
- Sift together flour, sugar, and salt; cut in butter.
- Bring milk to a boil and then remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature. Soften yeast in lukewarm milk.
- Add egg yolks and beat them together. Add to flour mixture and stir until a stiff dough is formed.
- Wrap in wax paper and chill overnight. Thaw for 1/2 hour before rolling dough out to 1/8 inch thickness.
- Spread with a mixture of Solo fruit Cake and Pastry Filling and chopped almonds.
- Roll carefully, as for a jelly roll.
- Cut into 1/2 inch slices and place on a greased baking sheet. Let rise in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 20 minutes.
Home Baking Association
The Home Baking Association (HBA) web site is a valuable resource for educators, parents, community service volunteers, scratch-bakers and anyone else interested in baking. Esteemed members of the baking community, ...Read more about this chef..
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
Comments are closed.