Easy, tasty and perfect for a party!
Published on June 15, 2020 | In Appetizers | By Home Baking Association |
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 28-30 straws
- Difficulty Level Beginner, Intermediate
- (2.5 /5)
- 1 rating
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 cps of shredded sharp cheddar cheese (tip; use the smallest hole on grater)
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- Optional: Paprika for garnish
- Pre-heat oven 350* Line sheet pan with parchment, set aside.
- In mixing bowl, beat butter until light and fluffy.
- Add cheese and mix thoroughly.
- Whisk flour, salt and cayenne together, slowly stir into cheese and butter mixture, stir until a stiff dough forms.
- lightly dust area to roll out pastry. Roll dough out to 15x20 rectangle.
- Using a pizza cutter, cut rectangle into 1" strips, cut strips down to 6" lengths.
- Lightly move strips and place on baking sheet.
- Bake until lightly browned, 18-20 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 5-7 minutes, remove and cool on wire rack.
- *Sprinkle with Paprika if using.
- Allow to cool completely before storing them in an airtight container.
- Course : Appetizer
- Recipe Type : Appetizers
Home Baking Association
The Home Baking Association (HBA) web site is a valuable resource for educators, parents, community service volunteers, scratch-bakers and anyone else interested in baking. Esteemed members of the baking community, ...Read more about this chef..
Rate this recipe
1 People Rated This Recipe
Comments are closed.