Blueberry Raspberry Cupcakes
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 12 Cupcakes
- Difficulty Level Advanced
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1 1⁄2 Cup Flour
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Salt
- 1⁄3 Cup Canola Oil
- 1 Cup Buttermilk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Softened Butter or Margarine
- 2 1⁄2 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 4 Tablespoon Solo Raspberry Cake and Pastry Filling
- 1 Can Solo Blueberry Cake and Pastry Filling
- Cupcakes: Pre-heat the oven to 350-degrees.
- Mix together dry ingredients, flour through salt, in a mixing bowl.
- In a measuring cup, combine oil, milk, and vanilla.
- Create a well in the dry ingredients, and pour in milk mixture. Stir to combine. Be careful not to over-stir; a few lumps are okay!
- Divide batter among lined or oiled cupcake tins, and bake around 15 minutes--until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool completely before frosting.
- To make frosting:
- Beat together the softened butter and solo raspberry filling.
- Begin adding powdered sugar by the half cup, and mix until the frosting firms up. The texture should be solid enough to pipe, but not too thick to spread. (You can make this in advance and keep in the refrigerator. Pull out to soften before piping on cooled cupcakes)
- To assemble cupcakes:
- With a knife, core out a small hole in the center of each cupcake.
- Fill with a spoonful of solo blueberry filling. You can re-cover the hole with cupcake, or simply cover it up with frosting.
- Spread or pipe the frosting onto each cupcake.
Home Baking Association
The Home Baking Association (HBA) web site is a valuable resource for educators, parents, community service volunteers, scratch-bakers and anyone else interested in baking. Esteemed members of the baking community, ...Read more about this chef..