A simple but delicious quick bread, in fact so delicious and easy you might want to double the batch and freeze one for later!
Blueberry Quick Bread
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 2 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoon butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk (whole or 2% works best)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 1/2 - 2 cup blueberries (lesser amount for fresh)
- Pre-heat oven 350*, grease or lightly spray baking pan, set aside.
- In a large bowl sift flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar together.
- Using pastry cutter or two forks cut butter in until small pea size, like pie dough.
- In a separate bowl, blend eggs, milk, and vanilla thoroughly. Add blueberries* and lemon zest.
- Add egg/blueberry mixture to dry ingredients, stir quickly until combined, do not over mix.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan, bake for 65-80 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes clean.
- Remove from oven, allow to rest 10 minutes, turn onto wire rack to cool completely.
- *If using frozen blueberries, do not thaw, use them frozen.
Home Baking Association
The Home Baking Association (HBA) web site is a valuable resource for educators, parents, community service volunteers, scratch-bakers and anyone else interested in baking. Esteemed members of the baking community, ...Read more about this chef..