Recipe courtesy of Pastry Pizazz by Marla Prusa, Home Baking Association Educator Award 2020.
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- Prepare one, Rich Tart Pastry or single crust pie pastry for a 10-inch tart
- 1 1/2 cups (9 oz/250g) sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup (3 oz/85g) fresh blueberries
- 1 cup (4.25 oz/120g) fresh raspberries (Other berries can be used as desired)
- 2/3 cup (4.7 oz/130g) sugar
- 2 Tablespoons (0.5 oz/14g) cornstarch
- 3/4 cup (3 oz/90g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (3.5 oz/100g) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh orange peel
- 1/3 cup (2.7 oz/75g) butter or margarine, melted
- Heat oven to 425˚ F. Make pastry as directed, roll into a 13-inch circle. Fold tart pastry into fourths and place in a 10- or 11-inch tart pan; unfold and press against bottom and side of pan. Trim overhanging edge of pastry even with the top of the pan.
- In a large bowl, gently combine the berries. In a smaller bowl, stir flour, sugar, grated orange peel, and butter with a fork until crumbly. Sprinkle over berries. Transfer berry mixture into the prepared tart shell.
- Bake at 35-45 minutes or until the fruit bubbles in the center. Serve warm. Can be topped with whipped cream or ice cream, if desired.
- OPTIONAL: Whipped Cream: Combine 1 cup (8 oz/227g) heavy whipping cream, 1 Tablespoon superfine sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract in a chilled medium mixing bowl. Beat on medium-high speed until soft peaks form. Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 2 hours.
Home Baking Association
The Home Baking Association (HBA) web site is a valuable resource for educators, parents, community service volunteers, scratch-bakers and anyone else interested in baking. Esteemed members of the baking community, ...Read more about this chef..