Sweet or savory, breakfast or brunch, crepes are so versatile and easy, every baker should know how to make these up!
Basic French Crepes
Published on April 27, 2020 | By Home Baking Association |
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Intermediate
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon white sugar (For sweet crepe, use herbs for savory)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla (Optional)
- Crepe batter:
- Sift together flour, sugar and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and milk together with an electric mixer.
- Slowly add flour mixture to egg and milk mixture, beat until smooth, add vanilla or flavoring at this point.
- Pre-heat and lightly oil a griddle or sauté pan over medium high heat. Be sure to coat entire pan by tipping and spreading oil evenly.
- Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle or into sauté pan, using approximately 2 tablespoons for each crepe.
- Continue until batter is finished. Serve warm or cold depending on your choice of fillings.
- Filling ideas: Sweet: Nutella. strawberries, blueberries, jam, bananas, chocolate, ice cream, whipped cream. Savory: Taco meat, cream chicken, cheese, smoked salmon, crab, Asparagus and hollandaise. The combinations and flavorings are endless!
- Recipe Type : Pastries & Tarts
Home Baking Association
The Home Baking Association (HBA) web site is a valuable resource for educators, parents, community service volunteers, scratch-bakers and anyone else interested in baking. Esteemed members of the baking community, ...Read more about this chef..
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
Comments are closed.