Banana Cream Pie
Published on March 1, 2020 | By Home Baking Association |
- (4.2 /5)
- 5 ratings
- Prepared baked single pie crust
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 2 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large bananas, thinly sliced
- Whipped cream
- Pre-heat oven to 425°F.
- Combine sugar, flour and salt in 2-quart saucepan. Blend in milk. Stir over medium heat until mixture thickens. Remove from heat.
- Blend small amount of hot mixture into egg yolks. Blend back into hot mixture. Stir over medium heat until boiling. Boil 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Blend in shortening and vanilla. Cool to lukewarm.
- Arrange sliced bananas on bottom and up sides of baked pie crust.
- Pour filling over bananas, spreading evenly. Chill 2 hours or until completely cool.
- Top with whipped cream and additional banana slices, if desired.
Home Baking Association
The Home Baking Association (HBA) web site is a valuable resource for educators, parents, community service volunteers, scratch-bakers and anyone else interested in baking. Esteemed members of the baking community, ...Read more about this chef..