Crispy cookies with big Almond flavor!
Almond Lover’s Dream Cookie
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 4 dozen two inch cookies
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- ½ cup butter, room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg beaten slightly
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup ground almonds
- 2 teaspoons amaretto liqueur*
- toasted thin sliced almonds for garnish
- *Substitute 1 to 2 teaspoons of Almond extract to taste
- Preheat oven to 400* Line two cookie pans with parchment, set aside.
- In Stand-up Mixer or a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Beat in the egg, amaretto, and almonds.
- Using mixing spoon, slowly add flour and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart on parchment covered cookie sheets.
- Lightly press a few sliced toasted almonds into cookie tops.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes until lightly browned.
- Remove, allow to cool five minutes, transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
Home Baking Association
The Home Baking Association (HBA) web site is a valuable resource for educators, parents, community service volunteers, scratch-bakers and anyone else interested in baking. Esteemed members of the baking community, ...Read more about this chef..